Telemedicine Support for Home Health Care Agencies
Telescope Health can be a valuable resource in reducing readmissions and improving patient care by placing a board-certified emergency physician at your fingertips. As CMS moves towards value-based care, our telemedicine services can help you meet your goals of increased patient satisfaction, better patient outcomes, and reduced cost.
We are here to support your home health care team and patients by providing care when and where they need it the most. Anytime day or night.
From new or worsening symptoms and medication issues to chronic or acutely ill patients, we’re here to help you navigate the tough circumstances that could lead to hospitalization.
When a medical situation occurs or clinical condition changes, here’s how we can help:
- The nurse or patient initiates an on-demand video conference consultation using a phone, tablet, or computer.
- One of our emergency physicians can see and evaluate the resident and talk face to face with both the patient and nursing staff.
- Our Telescope Health physicians can review the patient’s medical history and medications in real time (nursing staff can also upload medical records to our platform)
- With the help of nursing staff, we can obtain vital signs and guide them through a thorough physical exam.
- Through the Telescope Health platform, our physician can include family members, the patient’s POA, or the patient’s primary care doctor on the encounter.
- This is invaluable when it comes to addressing a care plan or decision.
Care issues that we commonly assist with for home health care patients
- Wound Care
- Pressure Ulcer Management
- Respiratory Infections
- Muscle Weakness
- Medication Management
- Chronic Disease Management
According to Home Health Care News, the average 30-day home health care readmission rate is 17.5%. Telescope Health is here to support your nursing team and provide the supplemental care you need to reduce hospitalizations and cost, improve patient care, and succeed in a value-based Quality Payment Program.