COVID-19 Screening and Testing Process
TESTING FACILITY UPDATE
Before coming to the testing site, patients must complete a telemedicine screening and receive a physician order through the virtual health platform Telescope Health. Physician orders from other sources will not be accepted. The drive-thru testing site, which will be located directly behind the Prime Osborn Convention Center in the west parking lot, will launch Friday, March 20, at 11am and be open seven days a week from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m., subject to availability of supplies.
To get screened and receive the necessary Telescope Health physician order for a drive-thru test, patients must take the following steps:
- Go to telescopehealth.com or download the Telescope Health app in the Apple or Android app store and register for a free account.
- The one-time registration process takes a few minutes and will not need to be repeated for future visits.
- At the payment screen, enter the promo code HERE4YOU for the discounted rate of $0 per visit.
- Complete your virtual doctor visit during the hours of 6 a.m. to midnight any day of the week using any phone or tablet device equipped with a camera and microphone.
The physician you speak with will determine if you meet CDC criteria for COVID-19 testing, which currently includes:
- A fever of 100.4°F or higher combined with either a dry cough or shortness of breath, OR
- Travel on any cruise ship within the past 14 days or travel to a known COVID-19 hotspot and are experiencing any of the symptoms above.
Testing will be prioritizing those in the community who are ages 65 are over, have pre-existing conditions, are healthcare workers and/or first responders
TESTING PROCESS DETAILS
If deemed to meet CDC criteria for COVID-19 testing, the physician will send you an order for testing at the drive-thru location at a specific date and time (and you must bring this order with you to the testing site). Physician orders from other sources will not be accepted. To get tested at the drive-thru:
- Bring your driver’s license and Telescope Health physician order. You may show it on your phone or print out the order showing name, date and time of appointment and place it on your dashboard.
- For any signature required as part of the testing process, patients are asked to bring their own pen to avoid exposing others.
- Stay in your car, don’t roll down your window, and follow the instructions on the signage or provided by staff.
- A staff member wearing personal protective equipment (PPE) will perform a nasal swab that will be sent to a state-approved lab for testing.
- Results will take 3-5 days and all who are tested WILL be notified by Telescope Health.
To avoid long lines and to encourage social distancing, patients will be assigned to hourly time slots to come to the site for their test. Patients without an assigned time slot and order from Telescope Health will be turned away.
Patients do not need health insurance to get tested, and the cost for the Telescope Health virtual physician visit and test will be $0 for those using the HERE4YOU promo code (standard, non-COVID-19 virtual visits are $134.00). Once again, Jacksonville residents will be refunded this amount by the City of Jacksonville at a later date for those Duval County residents who are tested.